Do you want to know more about handwriting literacy and access handwriting research?
- We do not have the capacity to offer individualised support to students, but please see our Frequently Asked Questions page as a starting point.
- We have a number of NHA online short courses available about different aspects of handwriting – you can choose which course interests you and book online.
- Our publications cover many aspects of handwriting teaching, including some very basic information in Tips for Teaching if you are in teacher training. Note that Tips for Teaching can be downloaded without cost to members of NHA.
- Check our list of suggested apps for lots of ideas to add variety to the teaching of handwriting.
- The section for Handwriting Help for Teachers gives some other links that might be of use to you.
- The NHA journal, including the back numbers, has a comprehensive research section which is a useful resource when studying the subject. Some back numbers of the journal are available for purchase and we are planning to make the articles freely available to members in the near future.
- Keep in touch with us. We are gradually increasing the material on this website and send out a free WRITE news bulletin every quarter informing about recent news and events coming up. Do check the website for additions and send your name and email address to request a free copy of WRITE, including a note of your interest as a teacher. We welcome any suggestions to improve our website.