Cambridge University Press is a world-leading international education publisher, providing educational materials, resources and services to teachers and learners, from ages 3 to 19, in over 160 countries. We are a not-for-profit organisation and follow the core values of the University of Cambridge, ensuring all of our publishing reflects the Cambridge standards around encouraging and supporting critical thinking, thinking skills, problem solving and creativity.
Of chief interest to NHA members will be our school handwriting scheme Penpals for Handwriting, which helps children to develop a fluent, confident handwriting style.
Penpals uses a combination of DVD-ROMS for whole-class teaching and practice books and write-in workbooks for small group and individual work.
· Five unique developmental phases provide clear progression for children aged 3 to 11.
· DVD-ROMs support interactive, direct teaching to the whole class using an interactive whiteboard.
· Practice books and workbook provide essential practice and reinforcement.
· Links to GPS underpin essential learning.
· Sky-writing and lesson warm-ups develop the fine and gross motor skills that are crucial for handwriting.
· In Years 5 and 6 basic handwriting issues are revised and speed and fluency improved